Best Delhi Taj Mahal Tour by Car
Top Taj Mahal Private Guided Tours & Tickets
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 Exploring India's Golden Triangle: Unforgettable Tour Packages Await! (with Prices)
Book now for an enriching journey through India’s captivating history and vibrant culture.
Sedan 1-3 People
SUV 3-5 People
Mini Coach 6-12 People
About Taj Mahal:- Taj Mahal in Agra, India is regarded as one of the Seven Wonders of the world. Taj Mahal is constructed completely of ivory-white makrana marble. Its remarkable architectural excellence is beyond satisfactory information, especially at dawn and sunset. The Taj seems to shine in the light of the full moon. Taj Mahal was erected by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, as the tomb of his favorite Queen Mumtaz Mahal, after her passing in 1631. The Taj Mahal is known worldwide as a token of eternal love. The Taj Mahal is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
If you are planning a tour to the Taj Mahal, here are some steps that you can follow:
Plan your itinerary: Plan your itinerary based on the number of days you have and the places you want to visit. Agra is the most popular destination for tourists visiting the Taj Mahal, but there are other attractions nearby that you can also consider.
Book your travel and accommodation: Book your travel and accommodation in advance to avoid any last-minute hassles. You can book your train or flight tickets online and choose from a variety of accommodation options in Agra.
Hire a guide: It is advisable to hire a guide who can provide you with all the information about the history and architecture of the Taj Mahal. You can also hire a guide who can take you around the other attractions in Agra.
Get your tickets: You can buy your tickets to the Taj Mahal online or at the ticket counter. It is advisable to buy your tickets online to avoid long queues.
Plan your visit: Plan your visit to the Taj Mahal early in the morning or late in the afternoon to avoid the crowds and the heat. You can spend around two to three hours exploring the Taj Mahal.
Other attractions: Apart from the Taj Mahal, Agra has other attractions like Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Itmad-ud-Daulah’s Tomb, and the Mehtab Bagh. You can plan to visit these places as well.
Be prepared: Agra can get quite hot during the summer months, so be sure to carry sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and comfortable shoes. Also, dress modestly as the Taj Mahal is a religious monument.
By following these steps, you can plan a memorable and hassle-free tour to the Taj Mahal.
What is the best way to travel from Delhi to Agra?
The distance between Delhi and Agra is approximately 233 kilometers, and there are several ways to travel between these two cities. Here are some of the best ways to travel from Delhi to Agra:
1. By Train: The most convenient and popular way to travel from Delhi to Agra is by train. There are several trains that run between the two cities, including the Gatimaan Express, the Shatabdi Express, and the Intercity Express. The journey takes around 2-3 hours, depending on the train you choose.
2. By Bus: Another option is to take a bus from Delhi to Agra. There are several private and government-run buses that operate between the two cities. The journey takes around 4-5 hours, depending on the traffic.
3. By Car: You can also hire a taxi or rent a car to travel from Delhi to Agra. The journey takes around 3-4 hours, depending on the traffic. It is advisable to hire a driver who is familiar with the route.
4. By Private Tour: If you prefer a more personalized experience, you can also book a private tour from Delhi to Agra. Taj Mahal Cabs offer customized Delhi Taj Mahal Tours that include transportation, a guide, and other amenities.
The best way to travel from Delhi to Agra depends on your personal preferences and budget. However, taking a train is generally the most convenient and comfortable option.
What are some popular destinations that private Delhi Taj Mahal Tours usually cover?
Delhi Taj Mahal Tours usually cover the following popular destinations:
1. Taj Mahal: The Taj Mahal is the main attraction in Agra and is usually the highlight of any private Delhi Taj Mahal Tours. The tour guide will provide you with all the information about the history and architecture of the Taj Mahal.
2. Agra Fort: Agra Fort is another popular attraction in Agra that is often included in private Delhi Taj Mahal Tours. The fort was built in the 16th century and was the residence of the Mughal emperors.
3. Fatehpur Sikri: Fatehpur Sikri is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located about 40 kilometers from Agra. It was built in the 16th century and is known for its beautiful architecture and historical significance.
4. Itmad-ud-Daulah’s Tomb: Itmad-ud-Daulah’s Tomb is a beautiful mausoleum that is often called the “Baby Taj” because of its resemblance to the Taj Mahal.
5. Mehtab Bagh: Mehtab Bagh is a beautiful garden that offers a stunning view of the Taj Mahal. It is often included in private Delhi Taj Mahal Tours as a great spot for taking photos.
Private Delhi Taj Mahal Tours to Agra usually cover these popular destinations, but the itinerary can be customized based on your preferences and interests.
What's the average duration of a private Delhi Taj Mahal Tour?
The duration of a private Delhi Taj Mahal Tour can vary depending on the itinerary and the number of places you want to visit. However, most private tours usually last for a full day, which is around 8-10 hours. This allows enough time to visit the main attractions in Agra, such as the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and Fatehpur Sikri, and also includes time for lunch and other activities.
However, if you have a limited time, you can also opt for a half-day tour that usually lasts for around 4-5 hours and covers the main highlights, such as the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. Private tours can also be customized based on your preferences and interests, and the duration can be adjusted accordingly.
It is important to discuss the itinerary and the duration of the Delhi Taj Mahal Tour with the Taj Mahal Cabs Tour Expert beforehand so that you have a clear idea of what to expect and can plan your schedule accordingly.
What is the best time of day to visit the Taj Mahal?
The best time of day to visit the Taj Mahal is either early in the morning or late in the afternoon. During these times, the temperature is cooler, and the light is softer, creating a beautiful and serene atmosphere.
Visiting the Taj Mahal early in the morning has several advantages. The crowds are generally smaller, and the light is perfect for taking beautiful photos. Additionally, the early morning light creates a magical aura around the monument, making it an unforgettable experience.
Another good time to visit the Taj Mahal is late in the afternoon, a couple of hours before sunset. During this time, the light is softer, creating a warm and golden glow on the monument. This is also a good time to capture the sunset view of the Taj Mahal.
It’s important to note that the Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays, so plan your visit accordingly. Also, during the peak season from October to February, it’s advisable to book your tickets in advance to avoid long queues.
The best time to visit the Taj Mahal depends on your personal preferences. However, visiting early in the morning or late in the afternoon can provide you with a more comfortable and memorable experience.
Can you do a day trip to Taj Mahal from Delhi?
You can do a day trip to the Taj Mahal from Delhi. The distance between Delhi and Agra is approximately 233 kilometers, and it takes around 3-4 hours to travel by car or train.
If you’re planning a day trip to the Taj Mahal from Delhi, it’s advisable to start early in the morning to make the most of your time. You can take a train or hire a car with a driver to travel to Agra. There are several trains that run between Delhi and Agra, including the Gatimaan Express, the Shatabdi Express, and the Intercity Express.
Once you reach Agra, you can visit the Taj Mahal and other attractions, such as Agra Fort and Itmad-ud-Daulah’s Tomb, depending on the time you have. It’s advisable to hire a guide to get the most out of your visit.
After visiting the Taj Mahal and other attractions, you can have lunch at a local restaurant and then head back to Delhi in the evening.
Overall, a day trip to the Taj Mahal from Delhi is doable, but it requires an early start and careful planning to make the most of your time. Alternatively, you can also consider spending a night in Agra to have more time to explore the city and its attractions.
Taj Mahal Cabs offers you all tour great prices. We offer up to 30% discount on all tours.
We’re standing by 24/7 to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp.
💵 Instant Booking
Our all tours are available for last minute bookings. You can book ours and get instant confirmations.
Don’t stress if your plans change. Cancel up to 24 hours before your activity starts for a full refund.